How to Choose a Sweet Mango
Mangoes can be processed into many interesting dishes; they are rich in vitamin A, C and D, and the principal fruit of the Latin American countries, Asia and India. If you love mango, but don’t know how to choose delicious and sweet mangoes, some following tips will be useful for you.
– You should choose the mango with beautiful skin, no lumpy and bruised. The color is not a deciding factor, so don’t pay attention too much on it, because the mango has some colors such as green, yellow or red. The color doesn’t indicate ripeness and quality of mango. The fragrant mango is ripe mango, but non-aromatic mango isn’t exactly green. If you want to leave the mangoes for few days, you should select little hard mangoes.
– The ripe mango should look fresh and no scratches. You can check it by scraping mango’s stem and smelling: if the stem scents with essential oil, it is fresh and no preservatives.
– The fruit should be ripe yellow and look heavy (when you hold it in hand). Don’t select the green mangoes or extort soft (because they are green young and collected too early). The firm, yellow and ripe mangoes which grow near the stump, they are very delicious and sweet..
After buying mangoes from the market, you may not eat them immediately or all of them in one time; there are several ways to preserve and keep mangoes in fresh longer.
– After careful selection, mangoes should be washed under running water. The best way of washing is to use powerful and small jet hose and let water spray directly into the fruits, result that the dirt and bacteria on mangoes’ skin fall out off.
– Soak the fruit in salt water for about 5 minutes (Don’t soak for longer time because it cause changing the quality of the fruit).
– Take a soft cloth to clean the mango’s knob, because this is the place of bacteria and mold which can enter into the fruit and cause damage and rot soon.
– Then use the fan to dry the fruit fast within few minutes.
– Finally, package the fruit in plastic bag and keep in the 15 degree Celsius cooling compartment of refrigerator. Don’t keep the fruit in the freezer compartment or too cold temperature, because the fruit will ripen fast and be damaged easily when you bring out room temperature.
Do you know how to eat a mango?
For peeling the mango, especially ripe mango, you should strip in Y-shape gently and slowly to avoid the inner part battered. The mango can be cut into long pieces or circle shape to keep its stiffness and taste. With mango, you can eat instantly or process as fruit juices, green mango salad or mixing with other fruits.