Heart attack in women – The warning signs
Every year, heart attack in women kills hundreds. In fact, heart diseases are the main cause of death in women from America. The frequency of death caused by heart diseases is even higher than the death caused by cancer. Most people don’t have a clue how to recognize warning signs of heart attack before diagnosed by doctors via borderline ecg results or others. If it happens to have some symptoms, many women ignore them, thinking that is nothing serious. The biggest mistake you can make is to ignore other warning signs of heart attack in women and think that it’s nothing major while you should seriously reconsider the fact that you could be in danger.
If you don’t want to become one of the helpless victims, take your time, read the following lines and remember them. The most important symptoms of heart attack in women are:
* Chest pain – There is a reason for putting chest pain as the first sign on the list. Not because it is the most important, but because its the trickiest one. Heart attack in women is not necessary preceded by a chest pain, although doctors consider it to be like that. But there were several situations when women experienced a heart attack without feeling any discomfort in their chest. This symptom seems to be more common in men with heart diseases. However, when you face a chest pain you have a serious reason to call the emergency service.
* Shortness of breath – If breathing becomes suddenly a very hard thing to do, it might be a sign of heart attack in women. Difficulty in breathing usually appears in the morning, when you wake up. A 42 percent of women reported breathlessness as a symptom experienced before having a heart attack.
* Dizziness – It usually comes with unexplained light headedness, possible blackouts and the feeling that everything around you is spinning. There is a risk of fainting, so as fast as you can, ask for help. It is very important to realize that you risk your life if you ignore these symptoms.
* Unusual fatigue – If you feel tired and you haven’t done much, you had no physical activity, these signs predict a heart attack. Also besides fatigue you could feel a sort of weakness in your entire body. Remember if you can’t explain yourself why are you feeling tired you have to take action to prevent what’s next.
* Digestive discomfort – On the list of warning signs of heart attack in women there is also indigestion and nausea. A medical study showed that a 39 percent of women experienced digestive disorders before the heart attack.
Those are the major symptoms that occur at women who suffer heart diseases, before having a cardiac arrest. You can add anxiety, sleep disturbance, rapid hearth beats or palpitations and sweating. It does not matter if you have just one, two or 6 of these symptoms, there are all reasons for you to worry and do something to prevent the heart attack. If you already know you suffer a heart disease, you should pay an increased attention to any of these signs. Seek immediate medical assistance if you feel chest pain, difficulty in breathing, weakness, palpitations or nausea.
If you reached a certain age, it is better to try eating as healthy as you can and also have a daily schedule of aerobic exercises. Heart attack in women can be prevented if you are well informed and you take care of your life style.