Citrus Fizz Recipe
Sometimes, you crave a cocktail that does not actually have that which constitutes a cocktail – the alcohol. Non-alcoholic cocktails, or “mocktails” if you prefer, are becoming more and more popular now that there are so many to choose from. No longer are your choices seltzer or a Shirley Temple! There are hundreds, if not thousands, of wonderful mocktail recipes available that will satisfy your wish for a mixed drink without involving alcohol. Whether you are choosing to refrain from drinking because you are the designated driver, underage, or other personal choices, there is a mocktail out there for you that will help you stay part of the party!
Try a Citrus Fizz if you are looking for something incredibly refreshing on a hot summer’s day. This is a wonderful choice of drink to serve at a brunch or breakfast, as well. It looks beautiful and goes fantastically with some fresh-made crepes filled with cream and berries, or with a nice pain au chocolat. Of course, it is also a great choice for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up or an after-work treat!
CITRUS FIZZ MOCKTAIL RECIPE
2 measures fresh orange juice, chilled
A squeeze of fresh lime juice
A few drops of Angostura bitters
2 to 3 measures sparkling water, chilled
1. Chill a champagne flute, then dip the rim of it into a bit of orange juice. Dip it into the superfine sugar to create a rim.
2. In a separate container (preferably one with a spout; a cream pot used for tea should work nicely), combine the rest of the orange juice, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and a few drops of Angostura bitters. Stir to combine, then pour into the chilled champagne flute.
3. Finish off the drink using 2 to 3 measures of sparkling water, or to taste.
1. Citrus Fizz with Smirnoff Citrus | Recipe | Smirnoff
2. Citrus Fizz Recipe – Taste.com.au